Leading live event and festival conference, XLIVE returns to its homebase of Las Vegas next week, taking place across three days at the Mandalay Bay. Just ahead of the annual conference, the directors of XLIVE announce its final stages of programming replete featuring expertly-curated keynotes, examinations of on-trend issues such as cannabis, security, and the importance of diversity at live events plus unveils finalists of the first-ever Everfest x XLIVE FestX Awards.
Entering the month of December with a strong roster of keynote presenters, XLIVE is proud to deliver the full list of keynote speakers participating at this year’s conference. Covering topics such as Immersive Storytelling and the Importance of Diversity in Live Entertainment, featured speakers represent an impressive collection of global brands and companies including, Viacom Global Entertainment Group, Meow Wolf, Vulcan Arts + Entertainment, Two Bit Circus, Superfly Presents, USC Annenberg Inclusion Initiative, Paradigm Talent Agency, LA Clippers, and Thuzi. Senior Vice President of Audio, Experiential & Consumer Product Viacom Global Entertainment Group, Steve Raizes will have the honor this year of opening XLIVE with his keynote discussing how to successfully utilize strategic partnerships to create extraordinary live events. Raizes is joined by fellow keynotes:
- –Vince Kadlubek, Co-Founder & CEO Meow Wolf
- –Jennifer Justice, President Corporate Development, Superfly Presents
- –Stacy Smith, Founder & Director, USC Annenberg Inclusion Initiative
- –Carola Ross, Vice President, Vulcan Arts + Entertainment
- –Eric Gradman. Co-Founder & CTO, Two Bit Circus
- –Jennifer Van Dijk, Chief Strategy Officer & VP of Partnerships, LA Clippers
- –Lynn WittenBurg, Chief Marketing Officer, Thuzi
- –Brandon Frankel, SVP of Brand Partnership and Creators Initiative, Paradigm Talent Agency
Completing the schedule of educational tracks, workshops and panels is a selection of learning experiences that focus on everything from growing sponsorships to examining the 420 phenomenon and its role within the live event space as it becomes legalized across the majority of the states. Check out the final program additions, below!
- –A Decade of Successful Failures – Creating Cutting Edge Food & Beverage Programming within Music Festivals
- —The Ultimate Fan Experiences – Insights to Growing Sponsorship, Digital Engagement, and Actionable Data
- —A 420 Phenomenon – Understanding Cannabis within the Live Event Marketplace
- —Relationships are Key – Relationship Building with Breweries and Wineries
- —Include the Education – Enhancing the Experience by Including Education
- —Riding High – Exploring the Rise of Cannabis Centered Festivals
- —Data Collection – Understanding What You Actually Need to Know
- —More Than Just a Brand – The Festivalization of a Brand’s Live Event
Also taking place during XLIVE will be the first ever FestX Awards, presented in part by Everfest. The inaugural award ceremony boasts 13 categories, with each winner decided by a combination of judges and public vote. For this first open submission period, more than a hundred festival industry insiders submitted entries for consideration, from thirteen different countries. Winners were chosen from a pool of 57 finalists, spanning nearly every size, vibe and genre. These honorees will be celebrated on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 during XLIVE! Among finalists for the inaugural awards are Bestival, Electric Forest, Bonnaroo and Shambhala — Full list of nominees here.